What is Glitter Powder?
Regular Glitter Varieties
Fashion Glitter Varieties
Glitter Compatible Powders
Glitter Powder, also known as gold onion sheet, silver onion sheet, glitter sheet, colourful sheet, laser sheet, illusion sheet, and more, is made from various thicknesses of electroplated materials with high brightness through precision cutting. These materials can include PET, PVC, OPP, and metal aluminium, and the powder can range from 0.004mm to 3.0mm in thickness. Glitter Powder comes in a variety of colors, including single colors like gold, silver, green, purple, blue, and lake blue, as well as illusion colors, pearlescent colors, laser colors, and other colors with illusion effects. All colors are coated with a protective layer, making them bright and resistant to mildly corrosive chemicals and changes in temperature and climate.
Main Types of Glitter Powder
PET and PVC Glitter Powder
This type of Glitter Powder is made from vacuum metallic polyester plastic film and has a thermosetting crossband epoxy layer for color. It can be used on a variety of materials, including wood, paper, cloth, metal, leather, and ceramics, through screen printing, coating, and spraying to create special and eye-catching effects for decoration or reflection.
Metallic Glitter Powder
Metallic Glitter Powder can be applied to many soluble materials and can also be used dry. It is ideal for plastic products and can withstand temperatures up to 250°C as well as acids and alkalis.
The Illusion Series is a unique Glitter Powder that does not contain metallic components, but due to the optical properties of the polymer film that it is made from, it has a metallic color variation and luster and a distinct color change. It is particularly suitable for printing, the craft industry, cosmetics, and jewelry products to give them a color-changing appearance.
The Laser Series is made from imported high brightness and high color laser film that is coated and colored through high temperature and then precision cut into uniform shapes. The original film is typically an environmentally friendly PET laser film, and the price of laser glitter powder is higher due to its superior reflective effect compared to regular glitter powder. It is commonly used in injection molding and glass building materials industries to bring out the luster on the surface.
Four corners: 0.1mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 3.0mm
Hexagon: (0.05mm)1/500, (0.07mm)1/360 (0.1mm)1/256, (0.15mm)1/170, (0.2mm)1/128, (0.3mm)1/96, (0.4mm)1/64 (0.5mm)1/40, (0.6mm)1/32, 1/24, (0.8mm)1/ 20(1.3mm), (2.0mm)1/12, (2.5mm)1/10, (3.0mm)1/8
Wire strips: 0.3×1.5mm, 0.3×4.7mm, 0.3x3mm
The production process of ordinary Glitter Powder is typically divided into five steps: material selection, coating, drying, precision cutting, and packing.
The first step in the production process is selecting the appropriate materials for the Glitter Powder. This includes choosing the base film, such as PET, PVC, OPP, or metal aluminium, and deciding on the colors and effects, such as single colors, illusion colors, pearlescent colors, or laser colors.
Once the materials have been selected, the next step is coating the base film with the chosen colors and effects. This is typically done through a vacuum deposition process, in which the base film is placed in a vacuum chamber and coated with a thin layer of metal or other material through a process called sputtering.
After the coating process, the Glitter Powder must be dried to remove any excess moisture and ensure that it is ready for the next step. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as air drying or using a drying oven.
Once the Glitter Powder has been dried, it is ready for precision cutting into the desired shapes and sizes. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as laser cutting or die cutting, and is typically done by machine to ensure accuracy and consistency.
The final step in the production process is packing the Glitter Powder into containers for storage and transportation. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as bagging, bottling, or box packing, and is typically done in a clean and controlled environment to prevent contamination.
Applications of Glitter Powder
Glitter Powder has a wide range of applications due to its versatility and ability to add a sparkle or shine to a variety of materials. Some common applications include:
- Cosmetics: Glitter Powder is often used in makeup and other cosmetics products to add sparkle and shine to the skin. It is commonly used in eye shadow, lipstick, and other makeup products, as well as in nail polish.
- Crafts: Glitter Powder is popular in the craft industry due to its versatility and ability to add a touch of sparkle to a variety of projects. It can be used in scrapbooking, card making, and other paper crafts, as well as in fabric and textile projects.
- Printing: Glitter Powder can be used in printing applications to add a special effect or touch of sparkle to printed materials. It is often used in packaging, advertising materials, and other printed products.
- Other applications: Glitter Powder can also be used in a variety of other applications, such as in the automotive industry to add a touch of sparkle to car interiors, in the construction industry to add a shimmer to building materials, and in the toy industry to add a touch of fun to toys and other products.
Tips for Using Glitter Powder
- Use a primer or glue: To help Glitter Powder stay in place and prevent it from flaking or falling off, it is recommended to use a primer or glue as a base. This will help the Glitter Powder adhere to the surface and stay put.
- Use a brush or sponge: To apply Glitter Powder, it is recommended to use a brush or sponge to evenly distribute the powder and prevent clumps. This will help the Glitter Powder go on smoothly and give a more even finish.
- Use a fixative spray: To help set the Glitter Powder and prevent it from rubbing off or smudging, it is recommended to use a fixative spray. This will help hold the Glitter Powder in place and keep it looking fresh and vibrant.
- Avoid getting Glitter Powder wet: Glitter Powder is not water-soluble, so it will not dissolve in water. However, it can become more prone to flaking or falling off when it gets wet, so it is best to avoid getting Glitter Powder products wet if possible.
- Remove Glitter Powder carefully: To remove Glitter Powder, it is recommended to use a gentle cleanser or makeup remover and to avoid scrubbing or rubbing too hard. This will help prevent the Glitter Powder from flaking or falling off and causing a mess.
- Store Glitter Powder properly: To keep Glitter Powder products in good condition, it is important to store them properly. This means keeping them away from heat and moisture and in a cool, dry place. It is also a good idea to keep Glitter Powder products in their original packaging or in a container with a tight-fitting lid to prevent spills or leaks.
Glitter Powder is generally considered safe to use, but it is important to follow a few precautions to ensure that it is used safely and properly. Some safety precautions to consider when using Glitter Powder include:
- Avoid inhaling Glitter Powder: To avoid inhaling Glitter Powder, it is important to use it in a well-ventilated area and to avoid breathing in any dust or particles that may be created during application or removal.
- Avoid contact with eyes: Glitter Powder should not be applied to or near the eyes, as it may cause irritation or discomfort. If Glitter Powder does come into contact with the eyes, it is important to rinse the eyes thoroughly with water and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Keep Glitter Powder out of reach of children: Glitter Powder products should be kept out of reach of children to prevent accidental ingestion or injury.
- Follow product instructions: It is important to follow the instructions on Glitter Powder products carefully and to use them as directed. This will help ensure that they are used safely and effectively.
- Discard old or expired products: It is important to discard Glitter Powder products that are old or have expired, as they may not be as effective or safe to use. This will help ensure that you are using the freshest and most effective products possible.
Like any product, Glitter Powder has the potential to have an impact on the environment. However, there are steps that can be taken to minimize this impact and ensure that Glitter Powder is used responsibly. Some tips for reducing the environmental impact of Glitter Powder include:
- Choose eco-friendly Glitter Powder: Some Glitter Powder products are made from environmentally friendly materials, such as recycled plastic or biodegradable films. Choosing these types of Glitter Powder can help reduce the environmental impact of the product.
- Use Glitter Powder sparingly: To minimize the environmental impact of Glitter Powder, it is important to use it sparingly and only when necessary. This will help reduce the amount of Glitter Powder that is used and disposed of.
- Dispose of Glitter Powder properly: To help minimize the environmental impact of Glitter Powder, it is important to dispose of it properly. This may include properly disposing of any packaging materials and recycling or properly disposing of the Glitter Powder itself.
Glitter Powder is a versatile product that can add a touch of sparkle and shine to a wide variety of materials. While it is generally considered safe to use, it is important to follow safety precautions and use it responsibly to minimize any potential impact on the environment. By following product instructions and using Glitter Powder sparingly, you can enjoy all of the benefits of this sparkling product without any negative consequences.