Glitter nail powder is a popular way to add a touch of sparkle to your nails, but removing it can be a challenge. Traditional glitter nail powder removers are often filled with harsh chemicals that can damage your nails. In this article, we’ll explore some alternatives to traditional glitter nail powder removers that are gentler on your nails and still effective at removing glitter nail powder.
The main ingredient in traditional nail polish removers is acetone, which is very drying and harsh on the nails. While acetone is effective at removing glitter nail powder quickly, it can also cause serious damage to the nails. Non-acetone removers are gentler on the nails, but they may take longer to be effective.
Alternatives to Traditional Glitter Nail Powder Removers
There are several alternatives to traditional glitter nail powder removers that are gentler on the nails and still effective at removing glitter nail powder. Here are a few options to try:
- Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer: Apply rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer to a cotton ball or cotton pad and place it on your nail. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, then gently rub it back and forth. Your glitter nail powder should come off quickly.
- Vinegar and orange juice: Mix equal parts of white vinegar and natural orange juice together, dip a cotton ball or cotton pad in the mixture, and press it on your nail for about 10 seconds until the glitter nail powder softens. Then, pull off the cotton pad and remove the glitter nail powder.
- Lemon: Place a slice of lemon or lemon juice on the nail and let it sit until the glitter nail powder softens, then wipe it off.
- Hairspray: Aerosol hairspray can be used to remove glitter nail powder, especially if you have spills on carpet or fabric. Dip a cotton ball or cotton pad into the hairspray and wrap the cotton around your nail. The hairspray will lift the glitter nail powder off the surface without discoloring it.
- Soy-based makeup remover: Soy-based makeup remover is a gentler option for removing glitter nail powder. After applying soy-based makeup remover, you may need to wait 45 seconds before scrubbing your nails with a makeup sponge.
Aftercare after Makeup Removal
After you remove glitter nail powder with your chosen method, be sure to follow up with some nail care. Alcohol and hand sanitizers can dehydrate the skin and nails, so it’s important to use cuticle oil to re-moisturize your nails, cuticles, and surrounding skin. It’s also important to hydrate your nails by drinking plenty of water and using a moisturizing nail treatment.
Some Views of Society on Glitter Nail Powder
While glitter nail powder is a popular choice for adding a touch of sparkle to your nails, it’s not for everyone. Some people may view glitter nail powder as too bold or attention-seeking, while others may see it as a fun and playful way to express themselves.